1. Students must purchase his/her own dance ticket. No student shall purchase a ticket for another student. Tickets are sold at lunch. CASH ONLY. Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
2. Non Seaside High School students (guests) will be allowed to attend the Winter Ball and the Prom with school authorization.
3. Students will not be allowed to attend entry into a school sponsored dance for the following reasons:
- Students who have not completed Instructional Minute Recovery or Saturday School assignments due to poor attendance or behavioral referrals
- Students who have been suspended during the current quarter in which the dance is sponsored.
- Students with 3 or more absences.
If a student is ineligible to attend the dance and purchases a dance ticket the cost of the ticket will not be reimbursed.
4. Students must have a current photo ID to enter the dance.
5. Students who are in possession of, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be removed from the dance and will be cited by the police and issued disciplinary consequences as per MPUSD district policy.
6. All dance attendees may be subject to search upon entry. Items not allowed (include but are not limited to: liquid container, lanyards, gum, mint/candy containers, food
7. There is no re-entry at dances. Students leaving the dance must sign out and will not be allowed to re-enter the dance. Students will not be able to go back to cars to retrieve items once admitted to the dance.
8. Students are expected to DANCE appropriately. Lap dancing, freaking, and grinding have been determined inappropriate at SHS dances. This will be strictly enforced. Students dancing inappropriately will be issued a behavioral referral citing indecency and will be assigned to Saturday School.
9. Dance Dress Code: HOMECOMING ATTIRE: SEMI-FORMAL; WINTER BALL: FORMAL; SADIES: CASUAL; PROM: FORMAL. Students dressed inappropriately will not be admitted.
10. On the Friday prior to the dance a DANCE ATTENDANCE LIST will be posted outside the PBIS OFFICE. Only students appearing on the DANCE ATTENDANCE LIST will be admitted.
11. At the conclusion of the dance students must leave the dance site immediately. Make sure that you have arranged transportation in advance.